For the Love of Craft Beer, Distilleries, & Wineries
And the artisans that make them.
It all started with a passion for artisan brew and the breweries that craft them. One night, over quite a few craft beers, Carrie & husband Brandon discussed the possibility of a candle that smelled like a craft brew. At their next meeting, they both brought along a few of their favorite craft beers. This time, they set their intentions on the brew’s aroma. It was agreed that the candles would have to compliment the more pleasing aromas and leave behind a lot of the “beer” smell. After all, the candles had to smell amazing! What the duo has brought to the table is a completely new and exciting candle collection that captures the unique scent combinations found in artisan beer.
Do our candles smell good?
For those of you who assume our candles do not smell good, you are totally and completely wrong. We aren’t mad. Before we even made our first artisan brewery candle, we had many discussions about how the general public might perceive our candles. We knew it would be a challenge, but as we saw it, the world was ready for a new genre of candles.
The easiest way for us to describe how this collection of artisan brewery candles smell is this. Take some time to visit your local brewery. When you get there, ask to see their beer menu. Read the descriptions. This is how our artisan brewery candles smell.
On road that took us on the candle less traveled, we realized that the craft of adult beverages spanned much further than the craft brewery. We have since started adding craft wine candles, distillery candles, and a few other scents we believe go perfectly with our line of libation candles.
Read a few of the craft beer descriptions a few of our local breweries have on tap.
Odell Brewing Company, Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout
Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout is brewed with milk sugar and milk chocolate. The rich and creamy brew reminds us of a cold glass of chocolate milk, and our hometown “Aggie” roots.
Mark Twain Brewery, Halley’s Blueberry Saison
Our version of this classic Belgian style is slightly sweet but ultimately thirst-quenching. The use of French Saison yeast adds hints of citrus fruit, Chardonnay grapes, cloves, and black pepper, giving balance to the biscuity, sweet flavors of the malt bill. To enhance the natural fruitiness of the style, we add fresh blueberries during primary fermentation.
What makes Barley & Hops Craft Candles unique?
Our brewery candles are unlike ANY other candle you will ever have the pleasure to burn.
- Unique scent combinations. As much as we love botanicals, essential oils, and vanilla candles, we were ready for something entirely different. We get it. Not all beers smell good. The craft brews we choose to scent match are of the finest quality and grade. They come from craft breweries. They have aromas such as hazelnut, malt, chocolate, espresso, hops, fruit and so much more. The ingredient combinations you find in artisan brews cannot be found anywhere else. We thank the breweries, distilleries, and wineries we work with for introducing us to such amazing marriages of aroma.
- Sustainable. Our beer candles are environmentally conscientious. Our beer candles are all about your community and the breweries that you visit. Our beer, wine, and distillery candles come with minimal packaging that was made as close to home as possible but always in the USA. We use good quality natural products when we can. Our frangrances are of the highest quality and always skin safe. Harmful chemical additives are avoided. The glassware we use is all reusable as bar glassware.
Our mantra is: Burn it, wash it, reuse it.
- Artisan craft candles. You will find many candle companies that consider themselves “artisans.” I respect that and love my fellow artisans. We have yet to find any other candle company as artisan as ours.
- Hip & cool. Yep, they are. Really? Brewery, winery, and distillery candles? Duh.
- Support your local breweries, distilleries, and wineries. One of the best parts about working with local craft beverage makers is working with local breweries, distilleries, and wineries! We sample locally crafted beer, rum, vodka, bourbon, gin, scotch, and wines. We sniff their creations. We get to get on with some of the coolest people you will ever meet. We are proud to support them and get the word out about how amazing their crafts are. We are also very thankful that local breweries trust to work with us!